VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- The Vanderburgh County Commission is set to vote Tuesday on a resolution strongly encouraging wearing face masks.
Commissioner Ben Shoulders says the resolution does not include penalties but is a way to emphasize the importance of wearing a mask. Under an executive order from mayor Lloyd Winnecke, Evansville will require face masks in public spaces. As of now, fines or punishment for not wearing masks are not being considered.
(This story was originally published on July 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Madisonville police on scene of shooting along Liberty Church Rd
- Police: Owensboro men caught stealing tools in Yellow Creek Park
- Proposal to pay homeless to get COVID-19 vaccine draws concerns
- Mt. Vernon High School cancels prom
- Former baseball players and current Tri-State residents speak out on Hank Aaron’s impact