VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- The Vanderburgh County Commission is set to vote Tuesday on a resolution strongly encouraging wearing face masks.
Commissioner Ben Shoulders says the resolution does not include penalties but is a way to emphasize the importance of wearing a mask. Under an executive order from mayor Lloyd Winnecke, Evansville will require face masks in public spaces. As of now, fines or punishment for not wearing masks are not being considered.
(This story was originally published on July 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Two Mt. Vernon officers awarded for life-saving efforts
- Unwanted artwork popping up in historic arts district
- Pet parade held at Evansville assisted living facility
- COVID-19 death reported in Muhlenberg County
- EWSU temporarily changing disinfectant