VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) — A Vanderburgh County woman is accused of illegally sending out hundreds of absentee ballot applications before the Indiana primary.
A police affidavit says Janet Reed sent the applications out between April 15 and May 2.
Those people who requested an application received them with the Democratic party box already checked.
The election board rejected more than 400 pre-marked applications.
Reed faces a felony election fraud charge.
(This story was originally published on June 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Fate of Ellis Park could be in jeopardy after Kentucky Supreme Court decision
- Local veterans get help from U.S. Veterans Center
- Route chosen for new I-69 bridge
- Henderson City Commission hears proposed law to deprioritize marijuana enforcement
- Social media posts urge caution near Owensboro tent city