VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) — A Vanderburgh County woman is accused of illegally sending out hundreds of absentee ballot applications before the Indiana primary.
A police affidavit says Janet Reed sent the applications out between April 15 and May 2.
Those people who requested an application received them with the Democratic party box already checked.
The election board rejected more than 400 pre-marked applications.
Reed faces a felony election fraud charge.
(This story was originally published on June 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- JD Sheth Foundation looking for honorably discharged veterans for their first Evansville housing project
- Evansville doctor urges vaccines as flu season approaches
- Two men airlifted with serious injuries after Wayne County crash
- Duke Energy employees donate time to clean up downtown Princeton
- Henderson and UK students show support for family of Lofton Hazelwood