VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) — A Vanderburgh County woman is accused of illegally sending out hundreds of absentee ballot applications before the Indiana primary.
A police affidavit says Janet Reed sent the applications out between April 15 and May 2.
Those people who requested an application received them with the Democratic party box already checked.
The election board rejected more than 400 pre-marked applications.
Reed faces a felony election fraud charge.
(This story was originally published on June 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Two Mt. Vernon officers awarded for life-saving efforts
- Unwanted artwork popping up in historic arts district
- Pet parade held at Evansville assisted living facility
- COVID-19 death reported in Muhlenberg County
- EWSU temporarily changing disinfectant