VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) — A Vanderburgh County woman is accused of illegally sending out hundreds of absentee ballot applications before the Indiana primary.
A police affidavit says Janet Reed sent the applications out between April 15 and May 2.
Those people who requested an application received them with the Democratic party box already checked.
The election board rejected more than 400 pre-marked applications.
Reed faces a felony election fraud charge.
(This story was originally published on June 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Ribbon cut on newly renovated home in Evansville neighborhood
- Water Utility, Public Works Dept. remind property owners not to put leaves in street
- Drive-thru Trunk or Treat for kids and car enthusiasts
- Old National Bank to begin renovations on 123 Main building
- American Red Cross seeking blood donations before flu season