VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) — A Vanderburgh County woman is accused of illegally sending out hundreds of absentee ballot applications before the Indiana primary.
A police affidavit says Janet Reed sent the applications out between April 15 and May 2.
Those people who requested an application received them with the Democratic party box already checked.
The election board rejected more than 400 pre-marked applications.
Reed faces a felony election fraud charge.
(This story was originally published on June 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Boo Cruise heads to the East Side
- Man shot while walking in Evansville
- Firefighters respond to Henderson Downtown Motel
- ISP: Marijuana edibles could be in kid’s Halloween candy
- Evansville Councilman Elpers: Mayor’s Executive Order extension against state law