EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – With warmer temperatures coming back, Vectren is encouraging its customers to have routine maintenance on their air condition system to improve efficiency and comfort.
Customers should maintain their cooling system to prevent future problems and unwanted costs.
According to Vectren, if customers maintain their ACs properly, it will ensure optimal performance.
Routine check-ups should including the following actions to ensure your house or business stays cool, according to www.energystar.gov:
– Check thermostat settings
– Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors
– Lubricate all moving parts to reduce friction in motors
– Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation
– Regularly clean and/or replace filter to help unit run efficiently
– Clear leaves and debris away from air condition
– Check the air condition’s refrigerant level
– Clean and adjust blower components to reduce problems with air flow
More information can be found at www.vectren.com/saveenergy or by calling 866-240-8476.