EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- Vectren announced it is sending 10 employees to help in the recovery from Hurricane Isaias.
The employees are expected to arrive in New York Sunday morning and will join more than 70 other employees from CenterPoint Energy to restore power. Vectren says this is the first time full-time employees have been called to assist since Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Vectren has also sent 60 other contractors to assist northeast utilities.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Vigil held to remember crash victims
- University of Evansville honors former student and New York City 9/11 firefighter
- Lawsuit filed against Gibson County Area Plan Commission
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff: shots fired call to Dogtown Tavern is classified as a police action shooting, 2 arrested
- Hardwood Booster Club food booth open for business