EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- Vectren announced it is sending 10 employees to help in the recovery from Hurricane Isaias.
The employees are expected to arrive in New York Sunday morning and will join more than 70 other employees from CenterPoint Energy to restore power. Vectren says this is the first time full-time employees have been called to assist since Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Vectren has also sent 60 other contractors to assist northeast utilities.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- 151 pounds of meth seized in major Owensboro drug bust
- Henderson authorities investigating late night mobile home fire
- Tell City ranks as #1 as best small city to live in if you work from home
- Henderson man charged after allegedly pointing gun at another person
- Evansville woman arrested in connection to infant death