OHIO COUNTY, Ky. (WEHT)- Kentucky State Police say a ten-year-old passenger died in a two-vehicle accident on I-165 Friday afternoon.
A preliminary investigation showed that a 2017 Ford F-150 crashed into the back of a tractor-trailer for an unknown reason. The driver of the Ford, William Sterett III, suffered a broken arm. Isaac Sterett, 10, was pronounced dead at the scene. Three other juveniles were transported to a local hospital. One of the juveniles was later transported to a Louisville hospital in serious condition.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured in the crash. The southbound lanes of I-165 were closed for over six hours as the Kentucky State Police reconstructed the collision. The investigation is still ongoing.
(This story was originally published on July 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Petition calls for change to structure of Henderson Co. Fiscal Court
- IU Bloomington students to be tested before move-in
- Bridge dedication held in Henderson
- Vectren sending employees to help with hurricane recovery
- Pres. Trump holds Friday evening briefing