DAVIESS COUNTY, Ky. (WEHT)- Daviess County Coroner Jeff Jones has identified Hunter Howard, 20, as the victim of a boating accident that happened Monday morning on the Ohio River.
Jones says Howard’s cause of death is consistent with drowning. Howard was fishing near Owensboro before sunrise Monday when the boat reportedly began to take on water. All the others on the boat were able to safely swim to safety. Howard’s body was found Tuesday.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 12, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Showplace Entertainment Center partnering with local non-profits for the month of October
- Birdseye man arrested for threatening to “blow up” the Perry County Clerk’s Office
- Webster County football coach facing drug charges
- Military museum in Vincennes gets a new exhibit
- New information on Jackson St. arson