EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – In response to increased influenza cases in the Tri-State area and nationwide, members of the Community Patient Safety Coalition are implementing unified visitation restrictions starting Tuesday, December 31.
Here’s a look at the restrictions:
- No visitors with influenza-like symptoms in the hospitals. Symptoms include cough, sore throat, fever, chills, aches, runny or stuffy nose, and vomiting or diarrhea.
- No visitors under the age of 15.
- No visitors other than immediate family or other significant persons as defined by the patient, and in some cases, healthy family members of newborns.
- Please refer to your respective facility’s visitation guidelines.
There are exceptions to the restrictions in cases involving critically ill patients and end-of-life situations.
Here’s a list of participating hospitals in the coalition:
- Daviess Community Hospital
- Deaconess Health System
- Evansville Surgery Center
- Gibson General Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Encompass Health Deaconess Rehabilitation
- Memorial Hospital & Health Center, Jasper, IN
- Methodist Health, Henderson, KY
- Methodist Health, Morganfield, KY
- Select Specialty Hospital
- St. Vincent Evansville
- St. Vincent Warrick
- St. Vincent Orthopedic Hospital
- The Women’s Hospital