Mt. Carmel, Ill. (WEHT) — Almost two years after human remains were found near Mt. Carmel, Wabash County Coroner Shaun Keepes identified the skeletal remains Wednesday morning.
Keepes tells Eyewitness News the remains of 29-year-old Marcus W. Adams of Mt. Carmel, Ill. were found in a field north of Mt. Carmel on Oct. 23, 2018.
Resources assisting in the investigation include the Wabash County Sheriff’s Office, Illinois State Police, Crime Scene Unit and the Wabash County Coroner’s office.
Illinois State Police is continuing to investigate the case.
If you have any information, please call the Illinois State Police Department.
(This story was originally published on September 16, 2020)
- Showplace Entertainment Center partnering with local non-profits for the month of October
- Birdseye man arrested for threatening to “blow up” the Perry County Clerk’s Office
- Webster County football coach facing drug charges
- Military museum in Vincennes gets a new exhibit
- New information on Jackson St. arson