VANDERBURGH CO., Ind. (WEHT)- The Substance Abuse Council of Vanderburgh County announced Wally Paynter has resigned as Director.
In a Facebook post, the SAC says Paynter will pursue full-time employment at another agency and the board will begin the search for a new director. Protestors gathered outside the council’s office in June, criticizing his ethical and administrative leadership of the Tri-State Alliance.
Paynter was the head of the Tri-State Alliance when it lost its non-profit status. In 2018, a Tri-State Alliance founder called on Paynter to resign amid allegations of inappropriate conduct with a teenager, which Paynter denied.
(This story was originally published October 7, 2020)
- Evansville house fire suspected to be arson
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- Neighbors alert homeowner of gun theft
- Southern Illinois sheriffs not enforcing new COVID restrictions
- One Owensboro ballot box removed after causing voter confusion