WARRICK COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- Miles Landing owner, Keith Miles, says he was excited to reopen after campgrounds were allowed to do so under stage three of Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb’s reopening plan.
Miles said, “we were open one weekend and then the COVID crisis started and we were closed for the past 4-5 weeks, so we didn’t have any tent campers or cabin people for the past 4 or 5 weeks, which hurt revenue a little bit, takes us down to about 30%.”
Miles says the grounds are open for tent camping, but is limited to five spots due to short notice, adding that long-term RV campers who were exempt from leaving the campgrounds.
Campgrounds in Illinois are set to reopen May 29, while campgrounds in Kentucky are not scheduled to reopen until June 11.
- Harwood Baseball Complex receives tune up
- EPD: Four arrested at Evansville rally
- Protesters rally in Owensboro
- WATCH: Castle High School graduation ceremony
- WATCH: The implosion of Dominion Energy’s old HQ