WARRICK COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- Miles Landing owner, Keith Miles, says he was excited to reopen after campgrounds were allowed to do so under stage three of Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb’s reopening plan.
Miles said, “we were open one weekend and then the COVID crisis started and we were closed for the past 4-5 weeks, so we didn’t have any tent campers or cabin people for the past 4 or 5 weeks, which hurt revenue a little bit, takes us down to about 30%.”
Miles says the grounds are open for tent camping, but is limited to five spots due to short notice, adding that long-term RV campers who were exempt from leaving the campgrounds.
Campgrounds in Illinois are set to reopen May 29, while campgrounds in Kentucky are not scheduled to reopen until June 11.
- Owensboro Police arrest man accused in stabbing inside vehicle
- Starbucks offering free coffee to frontline workers through December
- Man shot multiple times in Henderson while sitting in his vehicle
- UK authorizes Pfizer vaccine for emergency use
- Holy Name School encourages parents to speak out against closures