NEWBURGH, Ind. (WEHT)- Warrick County Coroner Sarah Seaton tells Eyewitness News that a 75-year-old resident at the Village at Hamilton Pointe died from COVID-19 Wednesday afternoon.
Over the weekend, Hamilton Pointe confirmed it had six residents and six employees test positive for COVID-19.
Since then the nursing home says it has tested an additional 25 residents and 64 employees total. Ten of those tests are still pending, but the rest of the cases have come back negative.
In total, 16 people in Warrick County have died from COVID-19.
(This story was originally published on April 29, 2020)
- Owensboro man facing attempted murder of a police officer charge
- Don’t fall for harvest season driving hazards
- Ginsburg’s impact on women spanned age groups, backgrounds
- Born to prevent war, UN at 75 faces deeply polarized world
- Nun runs treadmill marathon, raises money for Chicago’s poor