HOPKINS COUNTY, Ky. (WEHT) – Hopkins County officials announced 47 active cases currently in the county, for a total of 278 cases. Additionally, the county reported one new death, bringing the total to 34 fatalities across the county.
Officials say they are witnessing a second surge in cases throughout the county. They say many of the new cases are in younger adults.
Hopkins County officials say they do not plan on mandating masks at the county level, but they do strongly recommend wearing masks.
Additionally, officials also reminded parents that Hopkins County Schools will be making phone calls beginning this week to ask if parents plan to send students to in-person classes or opt for virtual classes in the fall.
(This story was originally published on July 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Owensboro Police believe shooting death was ‘accidental in nature’
- Boo Cruise heads to the East Side
- Man shot while walking in Evansville
- Firefighters respond to Henderson Downtown Motel
- ISP: Marijuana edibles could be in kid’s Halloween candy