CHICAGO (WEHT)- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker announced that some COVID-19 testing sites in the state have shut down amid the protests across the state following the death of George Floyd.
However, Gov. Pritzker did not say how many testing sites closed or where those sites are.
The news comes as Gov. Pritzker also announced 375 Illinois National Guard members will be deployed to Chicago with strict parameters for their usage, saying they will not interact with peaceful protesters.
An additional 250 National Guard members and 300 Illinois State Troopers will also be deployed to help cities across the state.
(This story was originally published on June 1, 2020.)
- EFD breaks down door blocked by burning object
- Evansville house fire suspected to be arson
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total
- Neighbors alert homeowner of gun theft