FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT)- Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced Thursday that every Kentucky State Park will reopen on June 1.
The news comes as Gov. Beshear says Kentucky has “crushed the curve” of the virus. However, Beshear put the national impact of the virus in context, saying more Americans have died so far from the virus than in the Vietnam or Korean War, combined.
The total number of cases at Green River Correctional Complex have increased slightly over the past to weeks according to Executive Cabinet Secretary, J Michael Brown. Brown announced 51 staff members and 362 inmates there have tested positive for the virus, up from 50 staff members and 356 inmates two weeks ago.
Gov. Beshear also urged Kentuckians to not only complete the census online, but to request a mail ballot ahead of the June 23 primary in the commonwealth.
(This story was originally published on May 28, 2020)
- Rev. Gerald Arnold reacts to Derek Chauvin verdict
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- Pres. Biden, VP Harris address nation after Derek Chauvin verdict
- 16-year-old girl killed in Ohio police shooting
- Aces win Missouri Valley Conference women’s golf championship