FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT)- Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced COVID-19 testing will be coming to Henderson starting May 26 at Henderson Community College.
The news comes as Gov. Beshear says Henderson, Owensboro, and Hopkins County have been hit hard by the virus. Testing in Henderson runs until May 28 and people looking to get tested must sign up online beforehand.
Following Indiana’s decision to start the next stage of reopening Friday, two days earlier than previously announced, Beshear says he does not want to be critical of the decisions Gov. Holcomb makes for Indiana, adding that he speaks with Holcomb on a weekly or biweekly basis.
However, Beshear says the number of cases and the virus death rate in Indiana are higher than those in Kentucky, even adjusted for population.
- Harwood Baseball Complex receives tune up
- EPD: Four arrested at Evansville rally
- Protesters rally in Owensboro
- WATCH: Castle High School graduation ceremony
- WATCH: The implosion of Dominion Energy’s old HQ