EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced his plan to reopen the state’s economy Friday. The governor plans on having the entire state back open by July 4.
Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke says he agrees with the governor’s plan, and believes it strikes a perfect balance between protecting public health and reopening the state and local economy.
City officials say the Reopen Evansville Task Force has been working nonstop with local businesses and organizations and say they plan to host several workshops next week to discuss the governor’s guidelines for reopening the economy.
(This story was originally published on May 1, 2020)
Latest Coronavirus News:
- Google Maps rolls out COVID-19 tracking feature
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?
- 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests to be distributed to all U.S. states
- Princeton Community High switching to virtual due to growing numbers of students and staff in quarantine
- Employee of Fairfield Community High School tests positive for COVID-19