EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced his plan to reopen the state’s economy Friday. The governor plans on having the entire state back open by July 4.
Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke says he agrees with the governor’s plan, and believes it strikes a perfect balance between protecting public health and reopening the state and local economy.
City officials say the Reopen Evansville Task Force has been working nonstop with local businesses and organizations and say they plan to host several workshops next week to discuss the governor’s guidelines for reopening the economy.
(This story was originally published on May 1, 2020)
Latest Coronavirus News:
- Biden to reinstate COVID travel rules, add South Africa
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Estes Park cafe
- ISDH reports 2,565 more COVID-19 cases, 23 additional deaths
- IDPH reports 3,292 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine