EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Friends and family members gathered at the Evansville riverfront Wednesday night to remember the life of Rylan Conway.
Attendees wore red, Conway’s favorite color, and shirts with photos of him on it saying “Long Live Rylan.”
Friends say the past few days have been difficult, but they have come together.
“Lots of crying, lots of mourning. We are getting better through it because we stay together, keep each other up, stay as a group,” Conway’s friends said.
Candles were lit and balloons were released in his memory. Friends say having the event is meaningful.
“I think this is very important because I know how much he meant to so many other people, I know it wasn’t just me that he was close to. He has family, friends from all over so we just came out to support him,” friend Edgrrin Reed said.
Conway’s friends added they have been in touch with his family and offered their support.
(This story was originally published on July 8, 2020)
- Firefighters respond to Henderson Downtown Motel
- ISP: Marijuana edibles could be in kid’s Halloween candy
- Evansville Councilman Elpers: Mayor’s Executive Order extension against state law
- Evansville mother accused of son’s death scheduled to stand trial early next year
- Boaters advised to use caution on Kentucky Lake during study