HENDERSON, Ky (WEHT) – The Owensboro Police Department announced on Wednesday that a large scale drug operation had resulted in 10 individuals being federally indicted.
According to a press release, the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force Operation Short Circuit spanned multiple states and lasted several months. Six search warrants were executed in Owensboro, along with 2 in Florida. Officials say the operation resulted in the seizure of several pounds of methamphetamine, fentanyl, cocaine, marijuana and multiple firearms.
According to a press release the following 10 individuals were charged with conspiracy to posses with the intent to distribute over 500 grams of methamphetamine:
- Chance Morton, 34, of Owensboro
- Nicholas Stallings, 38, of Forest Park, Georgia
- George James, 52, of Hawesville
- Desmond Morton, 38, of Owensboro
- Morgan Anderson, 36, of Owensboro
- William Simmons, 49, of Owensboro
- Johnny Albury, 55, of Owensboro
- Charles Hudson, 44, of Vero Beach, Florida
- Ellis Parker, 64, of Owensboro
- Willie Mosley, 55, of Hagerstown, Maryland