VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) – The Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office says a woman was arrested after reportedly crashing a car into a home on Rainier Drive late Friday night.
We’re told 45-year-old Robin Bates was on probation for Operating a Motor Vehicle while Intoxicated and the 911 caller reportedly said Bates was attempting to leave the scene.
When deputies arrived on the scene, Bates reportedly told deputies that she was drunk and crashed into the home after pulling out of a driveway across the street and losing control of the vehicle.
In a release, deputies say noticed Bates had slurred speech and had a strong alcohol odor. Bates then reportedly said she was too drunk to take a sobriety test and began yelling at neighbors.
Bates eventually submitted to a breath test, which reportedly showed Bates had a blood alcohol content of .247, more than three times the legal limit of .08.
- West Side Nut Club to announce new details surrounding Fall Festival
- Scammers are exploiting this PayPal policy to rip off online shoppers, BBB says
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Democratic and Republican leaders express willingness to work together on stimulus relief bill
- Global coronavirus cases top 30 million