SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Airports across the country are experiencing major delays Friday due to an nationwide issue with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection computer system.
Travelers at San Francisco International Airport sent KRON4 photos of extremely long lines in the Customs and Border Protection area.
SFO explained that there is a nationwide computer system issue with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
All of the systems are reportedly offline, causing a huge disruption with travel.
Currently, everything is being done by hand at SFO.
Hundreds of people — from infants to the elderly — have been waiting in line for much longer than usual.
No further details have been reported.
Check back for updates.
- Illinois Senate Democrats convene to pick new leader
- PHOTOS: Dolly Parton turns 74
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signs bill to eliminate driver’s license suspensions for non-moving violations
- No Powerball winner, jackpot increases to $343 million
- Bosse wins SIAC tournament title for third consecutive year