Mattel is launching new dolls — aimed at breaking gender barriers.
The toy company’s new gender-inclusive dolls are called “creatable world,” and they work like this:
The figures come in kits with different hair, clothes, and accessory options.
Some are more feminine… Others are masculine.
Children select and apply any combination of these accessories they like, to create their own custom doll.
The move comes after Mattel has spent years updating its iconic Barbie doll — which is now available in a variety of skin tones and body types.
There’s also a barbie that comes in a wheelchair.
- Madisonville North Hopkins boys soccer advances to 2nd region championship game
- Henderson Co. blanks Hopkinsville in 2nd region semifinal
- Reitz boy’s tennis team heads to state for first time
- Home Team Friday Countdown: Week #9
- Almost one year after Tim Hemmings’ death, family says driver may not serve jail time