SPRINGFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — A Virginia infant is dead after being left in a hot car by the child’s father, according to police.
Authorities in Fairfax County say the preliminary investigation reveals the father “inadvertently left the infant in a car for an extended amount of time.” Other details remain limited.
The exact cause and manner of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
LATEST NATIONAL NEWS:
- Priest sues to stop federal execution over coronavirus risk
- Washington Redskins to conduct ‘thorough review’ of team name
- Experts worried about fireworks ahead of holiday weekend
- Second stimulus: Mnuchin says White House will ‘seriously consider’ more payments
- NASCAR driver to debut ‘Trump 2020’ race car at Brickyard 400