(WEHT)- A coronavirus map published by Johns Hopkins University shows there are now more than 900,000 COVID-19 deaths worldwide.
The United States has the highest confirmed death toll, with over 191,000 deaths. Brazil trails behind the United State, with over 128,000 deaths. The news comes a day after Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced the commonwealth crossed 1,000 deaths. Gov. Beshear will give an address Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
The map also shows over 3,400 deaths in Indiana and over 8,400 deaths in Illinois. Globally, there are nearly 28,000,000 confirmed cases, with over 18,800,000 recoveries.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 10, 2020)
- Showplace Entertainment Center partnering with local non-profits for the month of October
- Birdseye man arrested for threatening to “blow up” the Perry County Clerk’s Office
- Webster County football coach facing drug charges
- Military museum in Vincennes gets a new exhibit
- New information on Jackson St. arson