(WEHT)- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) spoke on the Senate floor Monday about the investigation into the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, calling for truth and swift justice.
“In no world whatsoever should arresting a man for an alleged minor infraction involve a police officer putting his knee on a man’s neck for nine minutes while he cries out ‘I can’t breathe’ and then go silent.”– Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky)
McConnell also condemned the violent protests across the country, voicing hope that law enforcement will crackdown on looters.
(This story was originally published on June 1, 2020.)
- Man shot while walking in Evansville
- Bears’ offense seeks answers after poor showing against Rams
- Skull found on fireplace mantle that of missing Tennessee man
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- Misleading attack ad omits relevant context, stretches truth to suggest ‘political insiders’ won PPP loans