(WEHT)- Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the most senior Senate Republican, is delaying the confirmations of two Trump nominees after President Trump fired two Inspectors General.
Sen. Grassley says he wants to hear adequate reasoning for their dismissals. Until then, Grassley adds he will not consider nominees for the Director of the National Counterterrorism Center or the Undersecretary for Arms Control and International Security at the State Department.
(This story was originally published on June 5, 2020)
- Indiana basketball star dies
- Appeals court: 1st federal execution in 17 years can proceed
- Evansville church, Seton Harvest host produce giveaway
- Evansville traffic alert: Weinbach Ave. closure starting Monday
- 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured as crews battle fire at San Diego-based Navy ship