(WEHT) A new study is shedding light on how clean Americans are inside their homes.
ImproveNet, a home improvement resource, surveyed more than 4,000 people across major US cities to learn more about their cleaning habits. The study revealed which chores take top priority, and where Americans are willing to let dirt pile up.
- 4 in 10 change their bed sheets every couple of weeks
- 28% sweep/vacuum every couple of weeks or less than once a month
- 1 in 4 hasn’t cleaned their fridge in 6+ months
- 37% wear shoes inside their homes
- 59% have dirty dishes in the sink, at any given moment
The study also identified which cities have the cleanest homes in the country.
Americans spend about eight hours per month cleaning their homes on average.
(This story was originally published on March 31, 2020).