EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) Mayor Lloyd Winnecke has announced that the city will not raise sewer rates in 2021. The original plan called for a seven percent rate increase, but due to the financial issues caused by the pandemic, this increase has been put on hold.
Winnecke says the city will continue to work with federal and state officials to minimize rate increases while continuing to modernize the city’s sewer system.
(This story was originally published on September 15)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- UE to boost online education with Lilly Endowment
- Mayor Winnecke, Vanderburgh Co. Health Dept, local hospital systems speak on COVID-19
- Indiana enters final stage of reopening plan
- Walmart to add 20,000 seasonal jobs. Here’s how you can apply
- Mother arrested for neglect after drugs are found during traffic stop