EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) Mayor Lloyd Winnecke has announced that the city will not raise sewer rates in 2021. The original plan called for a seven percent rate increase, but due to the financial issues caused by the pandemic, this increase has been put on hold.
Winnecke says the city will continue to work with federal and state officials to minimize rate increases while continuing to modernize the city’s sewer system.
(This story was originally published on September 15)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Andy Beshear gives daily COVID-19 update
- McLean schools moving to virtual as COVID cases spike
- Winnecke’s executive order on gatherings goes into effect today
- List of businesses that will stay closed on Thanksgiving
- You can now rent an entire AMC theater for just $99