RANDOLPH CO, Ill. (WEHT) – Illinois State Police responded to a helicopter crash near West Market and Violet Drive in Red Bud at approximately 2:20 p.m. Saturday.
According to ISP, the crash resulted in the death of the sole male occupant. The helicopter belonged to the victim, who was the owner of E-Z Self Storage and is said to have been in his 60’s. When he returned to the storage facility to land, something went wrong and the helicopter crashed into the side of one of the units. It is unclear if the cause of death was from the crash or the resulting fire.
Family members did not wish to speak to any media regarding the incident.
(This story was originally published on September 19, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Hawg N Sauce closed until Friday; switching to take out only
- The Warrick County Community Foundation receives $150,000 grant through Lilly Endowment Inc.’s GIFT VII Community Leadership Grant
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Henderson Police investigating catalytic converter thefts
- Newburgh Historic Preservation Commission votes to demolish historic farmhouse