NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A moment of peace and solidarity was captured in a photo between a Nashville police officer and a protester during Saturday’s ‘I Will Breathe’ protests.
The photo, taken by Elise Haines, appears to show the two praying together during an intense time. The photo has 5,200 likes and was retweeted 509 times.
One commenter said the photo to her looked as if the two were bowing their heads out of “submission and respect.”
Metro Police said the officer in the photo was officer Garren Hoskins.
Despite the peaceful moment captured in a photo, protests turned to riots Saturday. A curfew was issued soon afterward to curb the violence and vandalism.
(This story was originally published on June 1, 2020.)
- Crews vacuum ‘murder hornets’ out of Washington nest
- Health officials report positive COVID-19 cases at Tell City nursing home
- Confirmed virus cases hit another one-day high in Illinois
- Vehicle strikes 3 Notre Dame students, killing 2, in Indiana
- Gov. Beshear: Highest day of new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky