HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and the City of Henderson will host a public information meeting to address planned improvements to Watson Lane and Green River Road.
The meeting will be held on September 16th from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Bend Gate Elementary School.
The Watson Lane project runs from Sunset Lane to Green River Road.
It’s designed to improve safety and mobility for drivers and pedestrians along the Watson Lane Corridor, including improved capacity and safety at the intersection of HWY 41 and Watson Lane.
The existing two-lane road with no shoulders doesn’t meet current standards for traffic volumes and the intersection experiences delays during peak travel times.
Proposed improvements include:
• Widening to provide consistent 11-foot lanes
• Construction of curb and gutter on both side of the roadway
• Construction of a 6-foot sidewalk along one side of the road
• Construction of a stormwater collection system and improvements to existing stormwater collection features
• Alignment improvements including sight distance
• Reconstruction of existing entrances
• Improvements to the U.S. 41-Watson Lane intersection.
Construction on this three-phase project is set to begin in mid-to-late 2021.
The Green River Road portion will extend sidewalks from Bend Gate Drive to near Osage Drive. Construction for that could begin as early as next spring.
(This story was originally published on September 10, 2019)