(Candystore.com) – Easter is a giant candy holiday.
The Easter season is just around the corner, and there are plenty of opinions on that holiday’s candy.
Candystore.com says, depending on whose data you study, Easter is as big or bigger than Halloween.
The National Retail Federation says Easter candy spending will be $2.49 Billion this year, down slightly from last year’s $2.63B.
Among those who celebrate Easter, 87% of plan on buying Easter candy
For those who don’t celebrate Easter, 33% plan on buying Easter candy
On average, people will spend about $21 on Easter candy.
2019 total Easter spending is estimated to be over $18 billion.
87% of parents will prepare Easter baskets for their kids
81% of them will steal some candy from their kids’ baskets.
In a survey of 23,000 people, the following are people’s opinions about their least-favorite and favorite Easter candy.
The TEN WORST Easter Candies
10. Fluffly Stuff Cotton Candy Tails
9. Jordan Almonds
8. Hershey’s Kisses Carrot Cake Flavor
7. Chocolate Crosses
6. Jelly Beans (Generic)
5. Chocolate Bunnies (Solid)
4. Chicks & Rabbits Marshmallow Candy
3. Peeps Easter Candy
2. Bunny Corn / Easter Candy Corn
1. Cadbury Creme Eggs
The TEN BEST Easter Candies
10. Sour Patch Easter Bunnies
9. Skittles-Filled Easter Eggs
8. Foil-Wrapped Chocolate Eggs
7. Jelly Beans (Gourmet / Naturally-Flavored)
6. Kinder Joy Eggs Candy
5. Robins Eggs from Whoppers
4. Lindt Chocolate Carrots
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
2. Chocolate Bunnies (Hollow)
1. Cadbury Mini Eggs
For more information, including opinions and quotes from people who participated in the study about the BEST and WORST Easter candies, click here.
(This story was originally published on April 3, 2019)