DAWSON SPRINGS, Ky. (WEHT) – Dawson Springs Independent Schools announced the school district will not return to in-person rotation learning until Feb. 1. In a letter, Superintendent Leonard Whalen said COVID-19 cases have been running “exceptionally high” in the state and community.
“It’s not really what we want, but it’s the safest option in these difficult times,” Whalen tweeted.
URGENT: DS Panther Parents & Stakeholders- See important info below regarding school starting back in-person. We are going to have to push back our in-person return on our rotation until Feb 1. It’s not really what we want but it’s the safest option in these difficult times. pic.twitter.com/tj5wvYb8OG— Leonard Whalen (@DSSuptWhalen) January 13, 2021
(This story was originally published on January 13, 2021)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office apprehend fleeing suspect
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville
- Evansville mother accused of son’s death scheduled to stand trial in June