INDIANAPOLIS (WEHT) – A bill in Indiana aimed at reducing suicide and human trafficking in teenagers passed a Senate committee Monday. It happened on National Human Trafficking Awareness Day.
The bill requires schools that issue a student I.D. card to include suicide prevention and human trafficking hotline number. After a final vote, the bill goes to the House.
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicide, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800-273-8255.
(This story was originally published on January 11, 2021)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- 4th victim dies after gunman’s attacks in Chicago, suburbs
- CDC: More contagious COVID-19 strain could lead to spike in U.S. cases by March
- Chocolate recalled after plastic found in products
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- VCHD looking into crowded concerts at KC’s Time Out Lounge