MT. VERNON, Ind. (WEHT) – Officials put one more nail in the windmill coffin in Posey County. The County Commission voted to prohibit wind turbines within 10 miles of the Doppler Radar sight in Owensville.
Interference with Doppler Radar and its effect on public safety was one of the main criticisms opponents had of a proposal to build wind turbines in Posey County.
The company that had proposed putting wind turbines in Posey County pulled out last year saying the restrictions the county was putting in place made the project unfeasible.
(This story was originally published on January 5, 2021)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Man arrested twice for calling 911 for non-emergencies; saying he’s “tired”
- Daviess County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant arrested
- Family speaks out over conditions at Evansville mausoleum
- Two suspects sentenced in Posey County Drug Task Force’s Operation Lockdown
- UPDATE: Daviess County Coroner identifies man involved in Natcher Bridge standoff