POSEY COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) – A solar energy project is underway in Posey County. Developers said the project is in its early stages of development. The project covers between 2,500 and 3,000 acres. The farm would be built on several properties in the southern end of of the county. Developers said it is the largest project they have in Indiana.
“We choose the location where there is enough capacity to absorb that energy. And Posey has both of these things: a great solar resource and great interconnection,” said Tiago Sabino Dias, Chief Executive Officer of Arevon Energy.
Developers said landowners have been supportive of this project so far. Developers must obtain permits and other regulatory approval. Construction is slated to begin in 2022 with the project going online in 2023.
(This story was originally published on December 16, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Vandals strike during Pride month
- Jasper heading back to Victory Field and the 4A state championship game
- VCSO: Man arrested after driving into police cruiser
- Father gives daughter life-saving present as living organ donor
- Lilly King finishes 2nd in 200 meter breaststroke, still qualifies for Olympic Games