The footage on this page is from a live press conference that took place on Tuesday. It has been edited to remove graphic content. Viewer discretion is advised.

EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) – The man killed following a multi-hour standoff with Vanderburgh Sheriff’s deputies on Monday has been identified.

Vanderburgh County Sheriff Noah Robinson says that the incident started around noon on Monday when authorities attempted to serve a felony narcotics warrant to a home in the 200 block of East Missouri Street. That is when the suspect showed a gun and went back into the home. 

“He didn’t want to go to jail. He did not want to be arrested on these outstanding warrants. He made statements that he was not going to be taken into custody,” says Robinson. “It’s not fun to have your neighborhood taken over. We did all of these things out of an abundance of caution. blocking the streets to keep pedestrian traffic out of the way because we didn’t know what his intentions were.”

According to a release from the Vanderburgh County Coroner’s Office, the suspect was identified as Gary Youngblood, 37. A cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy scheduled for March 22.

On Monday, Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s deputies assigned to the United States Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force attempted to serve a felony no bond PTR warrant to the home in the 200 block of East Missouri Street. Authorities say upon making initial contact with the suspect at the residence, the suspect displayed a firearm and threatened deputies.

Officials say the handgun the suspect was holding was an airsoft gun. During a press conference on Tuesday, Officials say the suspect at one point went on Facebook Live and threatened to turn on the gas inside of the house and blow it up. Officers were able to safely turn off the gas to the residence.

Evansville Police say a female who was inside the residence was able to safely get out of the house and speak with deputies. The female told deputies that the suspect had a firearm, and that he had been awake for about 24 hours and used his last gram of methamphetamine just as law enforcement was making initial contact.