CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Drivers on I-64 Tuesday afternoon were in for quite a surprise.
A large cow got stuck in traffic. No bull!
Crews jumped into action, got all the vehicles to stop mooving in both directions and then wrangled the animal.
Video from Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) cameras shows troopers chasing after the cow as he hightailed it down the interstate.
The incident happened around 1 p.m. on I-64 east at mile marker 290 in Chesapeake, near Greenbrier Parkway.
Virginia State Police investigated and determined that a pick-up truck was hauling a trailer with livestock when a cow got loose from the trailer and jumped out!
The cow traveled down the interstate for more than a mile, causing a big traffic backup.
The Chesapeake Police Department, VDOT and some citizens jumped in to assist getting the cow to safety.
At 2:30 p.m. State Police reported that the cow was taken into custody and reunited with its owner.
Even better news, the cow was not injured during the ordeal and traffic is moving again.
- Walmart to add 20,000 seasonal jobs. Here’s how you can apply
- Mother arrested for neglect after drugs are found during traffic stop
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- WATCH LIVE: Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb gives weekly COVID-19 update
- ABC 25 Local Lifestyles – Morgan Donahue’s New Song, “Something Anything”