A poll out of Western Kentucky University shows Donald Trump leading the Republican field in Kentucky with a 13% lead over his closest opponent.
Western Kentucky University’s Social Science Research Center conducted a poll of likely voters in the Kentucky Republican Caucus from February 22-26.
Here are the results from the poll:
- Donald Trump – 35%
- Marco Rubio – 22%
- Ted Cruz – 15%
- Ben Carson – 7%
- John Kasich – 6%
The poll has a 4.25% margin of error.
Trump is shown to have broad support across differing ideological and demographic groups.
Rubio leads Trump by 2% among those aged 18-34 and Rubio leads Trump by 5% among those in the $50,000-100,000 annual income bracket.
Ben Carson polls with the highest favorability ratings among the candidates at 68%.
However, Carson’s favorability is not translating to support. Carson recently said he does not see a path forward for his campaign, and he plans to speak on the campaign’s future Friday.
- Ben Carson – 68% favorable, 17% unfavorable, 15% not sure
- Marco Rubio – 58% favorable, 32% unfavorable, 10% not sure
- Donald Trump – 53% favorable, 45% unfavorable, 2% not sure
- Ted Cruz – 51% favorable, 41% unfavorable, 8% not sure
- John Kasich – 47% favorable, 27% unfavorable, 26% not sure
For the poll’s full results, click here.