Worker Taken to Hospital after Breathing Fumes

News
Joe Beard & Sons_-8800094376916072671
A worker is taken to the hospital after breathing in fumes at a septic cleaning company in Newburgh. Firefighters were called to Joe Beard & Sons on Prospect Dr.

The fire chief says an employee was cleaning a tank but wasn’t wearing a required respiratory mask. Workers say he was overcome by fumes and had to be pulled out. He was taken to St. Mary’s, but his injuries are not serious.

While inspecting the building, firefighters say they found issues with material storage and a possible leak.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories