OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT)- Two candidates battling to represent District 13 in the Kentucky House of Representatives met at Owensboro Community and Technical College Thursday to take part in the Owensboro Chamber of Commerce’s virtual October Rooster Booster Breakfast.
Democrat Jim Glenn narrowly won the seat against Republican DJ Johnson in 2018 after Johnson dropped a recount request and conceded the seat he used to hold. Thursday’s discussion focused on local government rights and education and also featured Owensboro mayoral candidates.
(This story was originally published on Oct. 1, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Indiana State Police partners with DEA for 19th “Drug Take Back Day”
- Police warn against falling for “ransom” phone scams
- Police investigating shots fired into an Evansville apartment with children inside
- McLean County man arrested after motorcycle pursuit
- Governor: Kentucky resumes COVID-19 surge preparations