AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Indiana Little League baseball team holds first day of practice
- Back to the Track: We’re previewing NASCAR’s longest race, the Coca-Cola 600
- Harrison celebrates JROTC state championship
- Remembering a Legend: Jerry Sloan
- Sports venue expert discusses 2020 MLB season
- Illinois town mourns loss of Jerry Sloan
- Web Extra: Scott Shreffler remembers Jerry Sloan
- Back to the Track: Get ready to preview NASCAR’s longest race, watch live at 3 p.m.
- Former UE star and Utah Jazz legend Jerry Sloan dies
- Former Evansville IceMen executive passes away