AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Taylor to Gasser wins week #5 HTF Play of the Night
- Notre Dame suspends all football-related activities
- Henderson Co. game at Madisonville North-Hopkins canceled
- NFL fines coaches $100,000 for failing to wear masks on the sidelines
- Hopkinsville’s Ruff Park receives renovations
- Colts Blue Zone Podcast episode 95 ‘Takeaways from Colts’ Week 2 Win’
- THE MORNING AFTER: One thing for the Bears to be excited about at 2-0
- NC State’s Drake Thomas stands tall for Wolfpack defense
- SEC releases policies for cancelled, rescheduled football games
- Source: Colts’ Malik Hooker suffers season-ending Achilles injury