CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) – Devin Leary threw two touchdown passes and Zonovan Knight ran for 101 yards and two scores, leading North Carolina State to a 38-21 victory over Virginia Saturday.
Leary hit Trent Pennix with a 5-yard scoring pass and Cary Angeline with a 32-yarder as the Wolfpack built a 24-0 lead in the first half.
Knight scored on runs of 35 and 2 yards, the latter cementing the victory with 1:49 to play.
The meeting was just the second between the teams since 2012 and the Cavaliers proved generous hosts.
They threw three interceptions, lost a fumble and had a punt blocked.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
(This story was originally published on October 10, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- Neighbors alert homeowner of gun theft
- Southern Illinois sheriffs not enforcing new COVID restrictions
- One Owensboro ballot box removed after causing voter confusion
- Indiana bishops extend attendance dispensation until further notice