INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indianapolis 500 will run in August with 50% fan capacity.
The total could still hit six figures at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Indy 500 was bumped from its traditional May date because of the coronavirus pandemic. The 104th Indy 500 will run Aug. 23 at half the total of what is traditionally one of the biggest sporting events of the year.
The Greatest Spectacle in Racing can pack about 250,000 fans in the spacious Speedway. That leaves plenty of room to space a total number of fans in the six-figure range.
(This story was originally published on June 26, 2020)
- Evansville Police looking to identify truck
- Prime Time Pub and Grill Newburgh reopens after deep cleaning
- Ange shares her Run for the Roses Pie recipe
- Virginia couple arrested on marijuana charge in Vanderburgh County
- Owensboro Police investigating shooting