EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) Local hoops legend Tyra Buss has been announced as the next assistant coach of the Lady Aces.
The former Mount Carmel and IU star will join Matt Ruffing’s team this fall.
Buss is the Hoosiers’ all-time leading scorer and led them to a WNIT title in 2018 after being a two-time Illinois Ms. Basketball honoree.
In her time as a Hoosier, Buss racked up 2,364 career points, 574 career assists and 293 career steals, all program bests.
Along with Buss, UE women’s basketball also announced the addition of Tanaeya BoClair as the new Director of Women’s Basketball Operations
(This story was originally published on July 28, 2020).
LATEST SPORTS NEWS:
- Nick Foles on joining the Bears: ‘Let’s just play ball, man. I love this offense.’
- Motivated Mitchell Trubisky focused for his first Bears’ QB competition
- Bears safety Jordan Lucas opts out of the 2020 season
- No fans allowed at Indianapolis 500 as Penske reverses course
- Rivers earns new teammates’ respect