OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT) – Sarah Poole has been hired as the new Owensboro High School girls’ soccer coach. Her father, Dale Poole, coached the boys’ team for 35 years, racking up over 400 career wins.
Sarah Poole said she’s ready because of her father.
“I’ve learned a lot from the coaches I’ve worked with, including my dad,” said Poole.
She also said that her dad’s legacy is a lot to live up to.
“If I can be anything close to what my dad was at the soccer program here, that’d be a success,” said Poole.
Dale Poole said he sees the similarities.
“I think she’s going to be a lot like me. She’s going to put a lot of her life into it and love her players,” said Poole.
More from Collin Davies
- Memorial lacrosse’s defense holds strong vs. Castle to win state quarterfinal
- North softball makes comeback to beat Castle in sectional championship
- North baseball storms past Central in semifinal
- Castle baseball takes down Harrison in sectional semifinal
- Castle softball finds plenty of runs in win over Harrison
Eyewitness News. Everywhere you are.