Creamy Chicken Noodle: 4 cans of chicken broth
2 large cans of cream of chicken soup
1 small can of cream of celery soup
Carrots (as many as you like – I use almost the whole bag – cut up to your liking)
Chicken (I use Kroger frozen diced chicken – add as much as you like)
Egg noodles (as much as you like)
Salt & pepper to taste
Combine broth, soups, carrots and chicken in stock pan. Cook for a couple of hours until carrots are tender. Add egg noodles and let it cook for about another hour. The egg noodles will cause the soup to thicken up as they cook. The more you add the thicker it gets.
3C chicken broth
10oz can rotel tomatoes
2C cooked chicken
1tsp chili powder
Make a light brown roux from the butter and flour. Slowly whisk in the broth and let come to a boil. stir in remaining ingredients and cook to thicken.
Top each serving with fried tortilla strips, cheddar cheese shreds and green onions.
Tomato Soup 2.0
Garlic Bread Croutons:
- -6 pieces store bought frozen garlic cheese bread, cut into cubes
- -1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- -1/4 cup olive oil
- -3 tablespoon jarred pesto, plus more for serving
- -about 50oz condensed tomato soup (I used one 26oz can and two 10.75oz cans)
- -14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- -1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan (plus more for serving)
- -2 tablespoons white sherry cooking wine
- -1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- -kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- -3 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream
For garlic bread croutons, preheat oven to 425. Toss cubed bread with parmesan cheese and place on baking sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes until golden crisp. Set aside.
For the soup: In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and jarred pesto. Cook the pesto for a couple of minutes to allow the flavors to come out. Add tomato soup, diced tomatoes, parmesan, sherry, dried parsley, and about 1/2 the amount of water listed on the soup can instructions. Season with salt & pepper. Bring to a simmer and simmer until heated through. Stir in cream.
Serve soup topped with the garlic bread croutons. Sprinkle over additional parmesan and drizzle with pesto, if desired.
Country Cabbage Soup
- 1 lb. of Italian Sausage. As it is almost cooked, add in chopped onions to simmer on the oil to soften.
- 1 large container (46oz) of tomato juice
- 2 cans of Kidney Beans
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
1 head of cabbage chopped Add all ingredients, except cabbage, into a pot and bring to a simmer. Then add cabbage and let it cook for 10 minutes then serve.